Monday, June 6, 2011

Sarah Palin's Fan's Midnight Revisionist Ride

I sort of fell of the face of the earth, and have not had time to spend much time on this blog. However, this news is so enraging, and scary, that I am forced to spend 10 minutes and prepare a discussion.

By now we all know that Sarah Palin did not apparently take 4th grade, 8th grade, nor 11th grade American History (or whatever arrangement they had at your school system). She cannot provide the basic story of Paul Revere's ride, and went out into the fray again to pretend like her narrative is actually the correct one - thereby making everyone else wrong, of course. But that is not what I am scared about, I would expect something like that from her.

What is frightening is the response of her following to attempt to rewrite the history books. I am being a bid facetious here, given that they tried to rewrite the account on Wikipedia, but given that a lot people probably think Wikipedia is completely true, this is a problem.

Here is an article about this: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/56319.html

For all their hawing and guffawing about the communist conspiracy to take over this country, Tea Partyers, unsurprisingly, do not know their history. Otherwise, one of the things they would realize is that one of the things which separated us from the Soviets is that when their leader wanted a part of history to disappear, or change, their disappeared it, or changed it.

Sad, sad days. Imagine if one of those Palin apparachiks manages to insinuate themselves into textbook writing, god help our children. Texas state schoolboard here they come!

No comments:

Post a Comment